Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Badminton Tournament in Jeddah

Amazing …………….. How could it possible ….. A country where football, the crazy game, is the god or better said Ullah for everybody.. ..then how come you are talking about Badminton. ….

Yes, the same thought came to my mind when I came to know about this club. This club is situated near the one of the poshest and securest area of Jeddah… securest being as it is very near to American Embassy…… the so called VIP country of this world :)…..

I joined this club thinking that I would be able to pass my time and the other benefit was that I could skip the gym :) ...So I joined this club and start playing badminton with my office colleagues. I never thought that it was going to be so big. The club has 8 indoor badminton courts which I had never seen in any of the club in India. The court was so cleaned, too managed that I must say that it was one of the best clubs I had ever seen.

Here, I got the chance to know people from Pakistan, Indonesia, Philippines, Russia, British…. Now this place was doing two things for me … help me in improving my badminton game and the second I could know more people from all over the world. I can know there behavior, their culture, their liking and disliking….. a book which is still unopened for me….

I met with a Philippino guy here, aged around 40 who were playing good badminton game. We played together and then he offered me to join his group. He told me that I was playing good and I could improve my game and he will help me in this.

I joined his group, and learned a lot from him and the other team members of the group. Last Thursday, we had a badminton tournament (doubles) and I was playing from two categories. I really worked hard for the tournament and with the right help from my partners I won the championship in both the categories. Even I don’t know those medals and trophy matters for me or not, but one thing that effort and pain I took to learn the game, I respect that. I really respect those people who kept faith in me and my game and gave their best to help me in improving my game.

I am still playing twice or thrice a week…. Enjoying the company of my new friends…….. seeing their culture and absorbing good things from their culture… I think winning a championship was meager in front of the valuable time which I am spending with these new friends….…. ….…. I felt that I won something else which is important more that the championship……